View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 09:18 AM   #2107 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC370Z View Post
Chris,

Got to disagrree with you about the "box"tune. As long as each car using the same tune has exactly the same upgrades/peformance mods, then the car should run and operate exactly the same. Afterall Ford, Nissan, GM, Toyata, and all other manufactures are using the same tune in every ECU that comes out of the factory. If all cars are different how come the manufactures get away with the same tune?
Exactly, just like all these stock turbo and SC cars, they have canned tunes and work fine. Like you said as long as all is the same a canned tune will work fine. I had canned tunes on my turbo Audi's and even got them canned chips and they worked great with full bolt ons. You may not get 100% of the juice out of them but they are about 90% as good as a custom tune. I just think this particular situation is hosed and maybe they should look at a different tuner or something.