View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 06:24 AM   #2105 (permalink)
OKC370Z
Base Member

Drives: 09 370Z Grey
OKC370Z is on a distinguished road

Chris,

Got to disagrree with you about the "box"tune. As long as each car using the same tune has exactly the same upgrades/peformance mods, then the car should run and operate exactly the same. Afterall Ford, Nissan, GM, Toyata, and all other manufactures are using the same tune in every ECU that comes out of the factory. If all cars are different how come the manufactures get away with the same tune?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris@WheelsDirectOnline.com View Post
I gotta comment, I mean I think Stillen may have dropped the ball a bit, but not like people are saying. I have been in RCZ's car, and I gotta tell you that car is SOLID and VERY quick. His car feels and drives better then the stock cars I have been/drove in. I mean he has that bigger oil cooler, but besides that his car I swear feels smoother up top then any stock Z I have been in. The biggest thing with aftermarket s/c's and Turbo kits, is the tune and I truly think that NO ONE should be running a boxed tune. Every car is different and for optimal performance, and longevity, a custom tune per car is just the smart thing to do.
OKC370Z is offline   Reply With Quote