View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 03:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen
Default motordyne M370 manifold - round 2

After about a week of driving the car I went back to the dyno to do some more runs. We did 4 runs with the motordyne manifold, put the stock manifold back on and did 4 runs with the stock, the last 3 of each were used for comparison since the runs were consistent (+ or - 1-2hp/tq). Each run was done with the oil temp at 160F, the AFR wasn't printed on the graphs but I had them confirm it was the low 13's at the sensor. No adjustments were made to the ecu at all.

I've attached 3 scans:
The last run from the motordyne vs the last run from the stock
3 runs with motordyne
3 runs with stock

I also gave Tony the raw formats so he can do his delta charts and post, if he so chooses.

From what I can tell, if you tune the car with standard boltons, this manifold has negligible gains and losses. In the end I opted to use my stock manifold and I am sure you can see why from the graphs. Regardless of the actual numbers (people don't seem to enjoy how this dyno reads), the delta is there, and in my case it was not good.

What does this mean? Depends on how you look at it. The manifold has proven gains for some users, all of those users however had no tuning done prior to installing the manifold. If i was not planning on tuning my car or getting test pipes etc., then this manifold would show some decent gains with no loss as others have shown, and I would use it. However in my case I will either return (if I can) or sell it to someone who isn't looking to do all the full bolt-ons/tune.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stock vs motordyne.jpg (266.4 KB, 167 views)
File Type: jpg motordyne manifold.jpg (272.2 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg stock manifold.jpg (281.7 KB, 95 views)
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote