View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 01:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
RDGR12
Base Member

Drives: An Old Beater
RDGR12 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin View Post
No, I don't think I'll close my mouth. Yes it's still a good deal. Dealerships/people make mistakes, I do not know if this was the case here or not. If it was a scam and he can prove it of course he should walk, but otherwise he should take a good deal.
It may still be a good deal. But why pay another $700+ on top of the agreed price which was signed on the contract? That's a binding legal agreement. They should deliver when the buyer had put his hard earned money in the play.

Yes, there was a fine print stating things, but does that apply to this specific situation where the dealer dropped the ball somewhere?

My assumption: the dealer didn't want to take the loss by giving the buyer the agreed price. And if the OP walks away, they can still turn around and sell the car for the right price; given the assumption that the dealer made the mistake somewhere. No loss taken, but time, and potential buyers should the OP names them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by semtex View Post
I actually agree with the gist of your point (it's the principle of the matter, not the actual dollar amount), but there's no reason to use disrespectful language like "you need to close your mouth." This is a discussion forum, after all. We can disagree with one another without disrespecting each other.
^^ +1

Last edited by RDGR12; 05-22-2009 at 01:46 PM.
RDGR12 is offline   Reply With Quote