Thread: RPM Launch?
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 07:42 AM   #15 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

FYI, I played with footbrake launch RPMs on the 7AT last night on a deserted road, so I'd have some idea about behavior at the drag strip. The stall is higher than I thought it would be on a stock car, as I was able to get up around 2500 RPM while locked down with the brakes pretty easily. It might be possible to push it a little further even. In any case, 2500 RPM broke the back tires a little too hard, it pretty much just burned them through the redline in 1st and they didn't catch solidly until after the shift to second. Somewhere around the 1,800 range seemed to hook up more ideally, at least on a normal pavement surface. If the track is nice and grippy, might be able to get away with a higher RPM though.