View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 11:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
TrackRat
Base Member

Drives: '10 370Z MB M6
TrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond reputeTrackRat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredmd View Post
I mentioned my stock 1988 Turbo Targa as a previous poster compared his track-tuned '88 930 to a 370Z.
In addition, several posters from earlier threads expressed interest in purchasing 911s from the 1986-89 period, hence my comparison.
And, yes, prices for '86-'89 911 Turbos are ridiculous IMHO for the quality of the driving experience-nevermind the absurd costs of repair/maintenance.
The 'quality' of the driving experience is second to none in a 930 (with minimal updates) if you know what you're doing. There is a reason why these cars have been holding value so well. No you probably don't want to drive it as an everyday commuter, but on the weekends, in the canyons and on the race track... forget it. Its intoxicating.
www.bloodsweatandbrokengears.com
TrackRat is offline   Reply With Quote