View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
98intrigue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Viper
98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute98intrigue has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to 98intrigue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffblue View Post
well, coilovers aren't ONLY for a drop. they improve handling and are what lowering springs are supposed to do. They are matched springs and dampers with adjustable ride height. so instead of annihilating your OEM shocks (which you're gonna need to replace in 20k) with springs, you can cut your losses now and get 4 new dampers (which would be in your set of coilovers) and dial in your ride height and damper settings to how you want them.
I know it's not ONLY for a drop. I had Tein springs on my G35 for 70k miles and the shocks were fine. Granted, they weren't as aggressive as my H&R springs are...I just don't want to deal with the hassle of gettin my ride height dialed in and then getting the car corner balanced. Plus, I'd be tempted to go lower. I already scrape my exhaust on the 3 speed bumps in my neighborhood as is. Call me cheap, but I'm just going to stick with springs for now.