View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 10:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior370z View Post
I understand about getting the rest of the hoses out of the way, I just wanted to keep the line there just in case I would have to bring the car in for anything. The part where it connects behind the motor sound like it would be a pain to try and get the hose back on LOL!
Actually, there's an even better option if you want to keep it simple:

Just disconnect one hose from each TB, the front-most one (leave the other one connected). These are the ones whose other ends connect to points 'C' and 'E' labeled red in the diagrams at the top. Plug the two disconnected rubber hose ends (like, find an appropriately-sized bolt, stick it in the line, and then use a small hose clamp to secure it, such as the ones already there on the line), and then blow the leftover coolant out of the now-disconnected part of the system (blow air into the open metal connection on one TB, and the water will shoot out the open metal connector on the other).