View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 01:02 AM   #59 (permalink)
docaam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34/240z/Hakosuka
docaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond repute

Running FI exhausts for few months now, I can say the exhaust sounds awesome but what OP was referring to was not the normal drone (I can live with that) but vibration because of it. I do face that if I accelerate the car slowly(normal crusing) not pushing it hard as rpms has to go steady from 2k to 3k and its there for good 500 - 700, mine starts from 2200 and lasts till 2800.

This thread shouldn't be taken anything against FI as they are an awesome company with awesome product, its just people have their own preferences. My daughter(7yrs) hates this drone and avoid sitting in the car LOL. I went through doing a DYNAMAT sound proofing when upgrading the audio it has reduced this vibration (not talking about drone/sound/noise) but its still there and if Tony gives some input on this thread I am willing to do this DIY
docaam is offline   Reply With Quote