View Single Post
Old 05-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #514 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
I had a minor feeling it was 'designed' this way, being as the 200 mark is in the middle of the clock.

but. I used to work for a Grand American Rolex DP team, and we where up in Arizona, practice in the car, the oil temp it 250-260 and it lose of seals, oil all over the place, and some fuel hoses melted. That is the only reason I am concerned.
Yeah, that's why he said, "Run our ester oil, and you'll be problem free. It was designed for those temperatures. We know it does it. That's what it's supposed to do unless you are on a racetrack. That's why we're coming out with our fully warranted oil cooling kit." I actually liked how he said this... "If you're going to flog it, get it hot first. That's what we designed it to do so you guys don't damage any componentry." I'm afraid to say it, but I believe he's right.

And SoCal, I think he made it clear that we will be okay, no matter what your temps. He asked us to have confidence in their product. They know what it should and shoudn't do. I say this respectfully to you, hearing your side. (Personally, I think these motors are going to run forever, no matter what temps we're running. Okay, not forever, but ya know what I mean. Let's enjoy our cars and have some faith in the company. I love mine to death!

Last edited by TheWeatherman; 05-19-2009 at 02:21 PM.