Thread: VDC...off?
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 07:36 PM   #21 (permalink)
LunaZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Project: a white one
LunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond reputeLunaZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
2. VDC does not make going fast impossible...it just demands that a driver keeps the car balanced and smooth. I had the opportunity of doing hot laps in a 370Z with a professional driver during a track day. They had R-compounds on the car and he was driving like you wouldn't believe. When we pitted, I asked if he had VDC off and he had no idea what I was talking about. Looking at the dash, the VDC light wasn't illuminated (VDC was 'on' the whole time). He was able to drive so smoothly and with such balance that the car never even noticed. My Z has probably never lapped as fast as he was that day.
This validates my viewpoint I've expressed in other VDC threads that VDC on does not slow down a smooth driver.
Thank you.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring/Navigation | see my journal for mods
facebook: Be my friend... or not.