View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 09:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
esfourteen
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 40th TT
esfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud ofesfourteen has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to esfourteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLIO 671 View Post
Thanks Triples...Went up on their site and the services they offer seem interesting...I wonder how I would go about this...Especially since I am out here on Guam and we don't have a dyno...I am currently running the Berk HFC's/CBE combo and will be installing the Stillen G3's sometime this week. From what I've read, some say that you won't need a tune with this combo, while others say you do...A bit confused on what to do now...
It's not required for your mods, but you can absolutely benefit from a tune, I picked up quite a bit of power with similar mods. You have two options if there is no dyno available...

Street tuning (the road is your dyno =]), this requires a lot of safe open road and a wideband installed, not recommended if you don't know what you are doing.

The more reasonable option is an off the shelf tune. This is basically a tune that is pre-adjusted for your mods, you might not get as much power as you would from a custom dyno tune, but it's better than nothing.

I believe AAM offered some Cobb tunes, but their site is completely busted so I can't look anything up for you.
esfourteen is offline   Reply With Quote