View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 09:41 PM   #1987 (permalink)
Phimosis
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2013 911 4S
Phimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond reputePhimosis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris View Post
I am also using the new larger pulley, but why are you getting 79hp more? What else is on your car? Define "full bolt ons" because if there's a way to get more power i'd like to explore that possibility.
The whole point is that dynojet dynos read higher than mustang dynos and that if your car ran on Stillen's dyno (a dynojet), it would probably read 390hp. Nitex's rebuttal was that his car made 290 hp without supercharger on a Mustang dyno and that he expects 310+ hp on a Mustang dyno when he has his bolt-ons done. He then compared his car on his dyno to your car on your dyno then deduced that the supercharger was only adding about 50 hp because they are both Nissan 370z's and they were both run on Mustang Dynos.

I then argued that it was an incorrect assumption because his Mustang dyno reads higher than most Mustang dynos, very close to what a dynojet dyno reads and that everyone who has done before / after dynos for their supercharger install has seen 100 or more hp increase.

The setup I have is the same as RCZ's except he had his tuned by a company in Florida and I had mine done by Stillen. Set up is as follows:

2009 370z sport model, Stillen supercharger, 9 psi pulley, tuned for 93 octane, headers, hi-flo cats, aftermarket exhaust.

Here's the dyno with baseline (with headers, cats, exhaust, G3 intakes), 8 psi pulley with 91 octane tune and 9 psi pulley with 93 octane tune.

Phimosis is offline   Reply With Quote