View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 04:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
kenchan
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: N/A
kenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond reputekenchan has a reputation beyond repute

my car was at 3000miles in one year and did my oil change using mobil1 silver cap. my change is either once a year or 5000miles.

i advise against starting the car and letting it idle unless you're going to drive it for more than 10miles...reason being your engine oil will not get hot enough to disspate moisture in the oil, and your exhaust will have vapors and water droplets that can end up corroding the inside of the exhaust system.

for low milage per year cars like mine, i use a battery manager and keep the battery at float. if you're using synthetic you can easily go more than 3months without cranking and still have enough lube to be safe. i know cause my hibernation is usually 3-3.5months and never had an issue with my engine. search hibernation if you want more tips on wat else is recommended.

GL!
kenchan is offline   Reply With Quote