View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 09:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hardcortes
Base Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370Z Nismo
Hardcortes is on a distinguished road
Default New Audio Install for my Nismo....help appreciated

Ok guys and gals, I have had my Nismo less than a month and I going to go forth with the following audio upgrades…

• Kenwood DNX9960 or the DNX6960 (Can someone please give me a pros and cons that may sway my decision?) (Amazon has the 9960 for $1219 and the 6960 goes for $789)
• Kenwood CMOS-300 for the rear view cam (on Amazon for $257)
• Kenwood KCA-IP301V iPod Video Direct Cable
• PAC SWIJACK Steering Wheel Remote Interface
• Alpine PDX-5 for the amp
• Focal Polyglass 165 CVX for the door speakers
• JL Audio 13TW5 for the sub
• Magic Box from Wicked CAS (I had a Mazdaspeed6 and used their Magic Box for it and I loved it) (I had the box shipped over here to San Antonio and checked to see if it was a flush fit, but it wasn’t…hit or miss problem with the Nismos…. So if anyone in their (Wicked CAS) area has a Nismo… please get you’re a$$ over there to get a free box so I can get mine!)
• 20 sheets of 18x32 (80 sq. ft.) of Cache Dead Shield for some sound deadening (also from Wicked CAS at a very reasonable price)
o I have downloaded the service manual and I am excited to gut my baby the proper way with door panel and trim removal tools instead of bare hands that I used to do the same to my Mazdaspeed6 which broke so many snaps and cut my fingers and hands up real good

I have some questions for you guys…

• What other things am I missing for this install? Feel free to share.
• Would you recommend putting 4” speakers in the back?
• Would the Alpine 5 channel amp be sufficient to push the 4 speakers and the sub?
• Would laying the dead shield material all over the car surface hinder putting the panels back on? I have no problem doubling up on the material either if it wont really matter.
• If you have any other tidbits and tips, I would be greatly appreciated.

To BigAudiofanat… I would give my left nut to live in NJ… not because of you but because of the NY Giants! No… but I would love to utilize your expertise on this install any day.

Hardcortes
Hardcortes is offline   Reply With Quote