View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 11:43 PM   #153 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

In my case, I did all the parts installs myself and then drove to a shop just to use their dyno, so the shop had no real interest in manipulating my figures.

Back on the subject of the article in question, to fork us off on a different path...

The most interesting tidbit I saw in your results was the gain from leaving the bumper off. A few weeks back in colder weather I did some IAT testing driving around Houston with the Stillen Gen3, which you can see here: Intake air temp data (Stillen Gen 3, need stock)

Overall I was pretty impressed with it's ability to draw cold air, although it wasn't a perfect match for the air the car's exterior temp sensor was reading. Then again in that colder weather, there wasn't as much heat soak going on in the radiator area either.

I could be convinced that some ports like the Mine's ones might help us get fresh air into the Stillen intakes, and it might be worth it. I'd be a little worried about them rolling at slow speeds in heavy rain and wind though (or especially washing the car). I wonder if someone could fab plugs for the Mine's ports so they could be stopped up in heavy rain or when washing. Either that or perhaps someone else will have a new design idea along similar lines.