View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 06:58 PM   #1783 (permalink)
weiboy718
Track Member

Drives: Infiniti G37
weiboy718 will become famous soon enoughweiboy718 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to weiboy718

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat@SMM View Post
Here's an update with my supercharger install and its current state.

I was shipped a new intake pipe along with a new restrictor valve and was instructed to load up the new tune as well. I performed all of this last Thursday and I immediately noticed a huge improvement in the startup and idle. One of my main issues before was a horrible stuttering under any type of acceleration and steady cruising. I was also throwing misfire codes constantly but now most of these issues are resolved.

There is still a hesitation whenever I accelerate with more than 1/2 to 2/3 throttle and the only resolve is to back off the pedal slightly. I also managed to throw another misfire code today while I was thrashing the car a bit to see how it behaved. Now I know.
No lapping for me yet!!
And of course, it feels down on power. There's no way it's making anywhere close to 440whp.
I e-mailed Stillen a couple of times to tell them the issues that I'm still experiencing and asked what my options are and what was being done to resolve the ongoing issues. My response was that "he'll forward it to the guys in the shop"

Will Stillen come to Canada to pick up my car as well?
Sorry to hear about your problems. I believe Stillen will come up with a better refinement tune for you guys as well. Just be patience. Should hear from them in a week or so.
weiboy718 is offline   Reply With Quote