View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 09:26 AM   #135 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyBobo View Post
I think calling it NOS is a bad thing, thats what I think
I think it's because most people can't figure out how to type N₂O on their keyboards

Quote:
Its the cheapest power per dollar upgrade you can get, and can be very reliable with the right precautions in place (window switch, fuel pressure safety switch). Although, reliability issues with a supercharger? Did you install yourself? S/C's are generally very reliable, particularly if you aren't running some obscene amount that pushes the car past its limits...
Yeah personally I'd feel better reliability-wise with an SC than the N₂O, but I have limited experience with all of this (never on my own cars, just friends' cars). Whether I do any of the above is highly dependent on who makes the kits and how I feel about them after they're released (and even then, maybe after some testing by others).