View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 11:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
ZForce
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Tour + Sport
ZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud ofZForce has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
Subscribed. I can only imagine the problems I'll endure if any Nissan dealer in my area tries to replace the engine. Even if I had consumption issues, I might rather refill the oil frequently rather than run the gauntlet of engine replacement by numbnuts.
There are a lot of dealer horror stories on the Z33 Revup engine replacement on my350Z oil consumption thread. Ya just don't know who is out there turning the wrench. The Bros 06 Z33 engine swap was perfect with our local dealrship in Roseville / Sacramento area. It was their third engine swap and it was flawless.

I have been tracking both Z34's oil readings every week and the bros is in the safe zone by a long shot. Mine was close to No Good at 1925 miles at 10mm oil consumption. Thereafter it stayed in the safe zone through out the 5k oil change interval. By the time it hit 5k miles there was 16mm of oil consumption which equates to about 3/4 of a quart. No cigar this time around. Then again the 06 Z33 did not really start consuming allot of oil until the odo hit between 22k miles and higher. I am currently at 21k miles on the odo. So if it holds true to 06 Z33 engines, this engine could start consuming more on the next oil change interval. Fingers crossed it does not.
ZForce is offline   Reply With Quote