View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 04:26 PM   #1731 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomnavone View Post
To late u already are
I really do care what you think. tell me more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyGT View Post
What this boils down to is there are usually 1 or 2 cars that hit the desired numbers from companies like Stillen when they do this whole dyno queen advertisement. In GTM’s case they showed lots of dyno plots ranging from 420-460whp. Showing difference setups/tunes…

I also believe there is more to RCZ's car than people know...Whether its fuel, dyno adjustments, just a ridiculously aggressive tune (which is OK as long as you have the supporting mods)...but when you officially/unofficially become the Stillen spokesperson I'm sure there is a certain interest in making sure that you attain these numbers.

Additionally, I still think its ****** up that you need all these supporting mods, along with other members to either 'just come close' or in your case exceed their numbers...when they claimed they did them with what? CBE?

Give me a break...It’s easy to say they are trying to help him out AFTER they took his 6k but its another to have 6k no longer in wallet and have to deal with multiple tunes and drivability issues and still not make the power they advertised...
I defend their products because its the products I have on MY car. When you say they are crap, you're telling me what I have on my car is crap and so I feel like I have to say something about it.

You are right, my car isn't exactly the same as the rest of the ones being tested here. I can tell you exactly what went into my tune and it might shed a little more light. This is the SECOND time I will do this too, I did a few posts back already.

- 93oct: I can be a little more aggressive on timing than Stillen can on 91oct gas.
- Headers + HFC: Stillen had to use stock pieces there, their tune is for stock parts to meet CARB emissions, not for high numbers.
- Light flywheel + light pulley: Between these two, they release some HP.
- Custom tuning: as you all know, my car is custom tuned by a good tuner. That means that the tune will work great on my car, but might not work as great on the next persons.
- Racing oil cooler - will keep temps down
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote