View Single Post
Old 05-11-2009, 02:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lww View Post
Wouldn't the engine vibrations be an issue with the hole cut to fit tight enough to hold the intake? I would think it would rattle like crazy or, at some point, the contact would wear through the piping.

I guess you guys will have to let us know how it works out and if it causes any long term damage.
Mine's been fine so far. There were a couple of spots of concern, but not the holes themselves. More like little tabs of metal that come near the pipes elsewhere. I put little pieces of rubber in a couple place where I thought it might be necessary, but I'm kinda anal about these things anyways, and they probably weren't really needed.