View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 02:24 PM   #89 (permalink)
Knives
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370z 6MT
Knives is on a distinguished road

Had the diffuser sitting on my floor for a couple of weeks. Decided to not be lazy yesterday and finally put it on. Quick writeup and some pics below.

Pretty easy install. I used 3M VHB 4910 tape (the tape they give you is a joke). I mostly put the tape along the outer edges of the diffuser. Per Kenchan's suggestion, I let the tape settle to the diffuser in the sun before install. While that sat, I went to work removing the factory plastic clip under the read fog light. It honestly looks like an unassuming plastic clip, but don't be fooled, its a pain in the @ss. You need to use some force and good positioning. Once that was off, I carefully put on the diffuser (you don't want to be off and have to constantly adjust because the tape will stick fairly quickly). I screwed in the center with the screw and bolt they provided. I used my own black self-drilling screws for the sides, instead of the flat-point screws they provided.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased. Fitment and carbon fiber quality are pretty good. Letting the diffuser sit until work tomorrow morning to let the 3M tape cure. Anyway, posted some pics below. Oh, and I have the F.I. exhaust and it is a tight fit (maybe 2 millimeters) but there is no contact.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diffuser 2.jpg (50.8 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg Diffuser 1.jpg (74.1 KB, 146 views)
File Type: jpg Diffuser 4.jpg (63.3 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg Diffuser 3.jpg (62.1 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by Knives; 09-06-2010 at 02:31 PM.
Knives is offline   Reply With Quote