View Single Post
Old 09-03-2010, 01:13 PM   #686 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo187H View Post
Has it been shown that the rotrex stage one unit can't flow more?

Or have they just not chosen to put a larger pulley on it and see? Sorry if this question has been answered previously, I don't think I have overlooked it in my reading through.
As I understood it, and please correct me if I'm wrong, 8psi is the top of the range of the efficiency zone of that unit. Higher boost applications would require moving out to the Stg2 compressor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyGT View Post
Well, usually just by significantly cooling the charge there is a 8-12whp gain from it without tuning.
Eh, the cooling effect helps keep the mix from igniting prematurely, but power gains are negligible. Lot of people say untuned "X" injection actually loses power because it inevitably takes the place of some fuel that would otherwise be burned... anyhow..it will work to keep your motor a little safer...