View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 04:36 AM   #10 (permalink)
Asheth
Track Member

Drives: 09 Blk 6mt
Asheth will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Asheth

Quote:
Originally Posted by initialgemini View Post
Please don't listen to the 2x your weight is the amount of protein you should take. The recommended minimum amount .8 g of protein per kilogram of weight. For athletic individuals anywhere between 1.2g-1.4g per kilograms. Exceeding more than 2g per kilogram will put a large amount of stress on your kidneys.

As far as stacks go, this is what I use:
Universal nutrition: Shock Therapy (Pre-workout)
Dark matter: (post workout)
Optimum nutrition gold standard whey protein
Optimum nutrition Procomplex weight gainer
Centrum multivitamins

I use this because I have an extremely active metabolism. I'm 6'3" and weigh 195 pounds. I have to use a weight gainer to provide enough calories through out the day. Like what others have said BSN is an expensive brand and overpriced. There are many alternatives out there.

The key is eating balanced and taking in protein through out the day. Protein synthesis happens during the day. Be sure you get plenty of rest, stay hydrated. If you're trying to cut down, eat lean foods (chicken breast, lean meats, fish) and cut down on the calories. You still need to maintain a balanced diet to ensure you are taking in adequate amounts of carbs, fats, and vitamins. Don't fall for trendy diets. A strict diet and exercise regiment is the best way to go. The results are reliable and the effects are long lasting.

On a reference note, I'm a biologist in the infant nutrition market. Nutrition is my specialty. Be really careful about information that you hear from "meatheads." A lot of methods that I over hear all the time are very dangerous for you body that can really screw you.
I thought Protein synthesis happens during sleep? I use the recommended dosage of 2 scoops for Syntha-6 I was doing some reading that it contains the slow digesting proteins. So that its good for overnight before bed.

Shock therapy never heard of that.

As far as No-xplode goes it works I have to go about 4 scoops. I cycled off for about a 1 week. But the body does get use to it quickly I think.
180 customs Headlights - Yantech Backup Camera - Projekt 1 - Stillen Gen 3- EVO-R V2 Foglight, EVO-R CF Diffuser, Carbon Fiber Element Steering wheel - Fast Intentions TDX/RHFC's - RJM A.F.P. - Z1 Oil Cooler - 2015 Nismo Conversion.
Asheth is offline   Reply With Quote