View Single Post
Old 09-02-2010, 12:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
AP - Chris_B
Base Member

Drives: Many
AP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond reputeAP - Chris_B has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Thanks Chris, I'll research the surrounding shops to see what equipment they have.

The pads seemed to bed correctly, I followed the manufacturers instructions. They were great for 2 sessions, good bite, good release, but after that shudder got progressively worse. The hotter they got the worse the shudder got, seemed like the rotor wasn't expanding evenly on the hat. Definitely need a good cooling solution, I wish Stillen had their kit finished. The home brew method is okay but not ideal.
Once you have a handle on rotor temps, pad selection will become a bit easier. It does sound like you might be right on the upper edge of the envelope with the DS3000's (MOT = 1200°F). This is the lowest temp track pad from Ferodo which is suitable for some tracks, but not those with several heavy braking zones and a skilled driver.

Chris
AP - Chris_B is offline   Reply With Quote