View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 04:56 PM   #31 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

So yeah that last session I went out first in a 997 GT3RS on Cup tires. What an amazing piece of machinery. Unreal. So the Z had pretty big shoes to fill when I went out with it soon after. I gotta say that obviously it wasn't anywhere as quick, but it did not disappoint.

Seems like the Stillen unit is enough to keep temperatures around 260-270. It was 90+ degrees in the sun though so you have to take that into account. When I left the track, the cars thermometer for exterior temp read 102 degrees and only dropped 3 degrees when I got on the highway. I think a thicker core will do the trick. I am not going to be running dual coolers. I think a single unit will work. You should all make up your minds. The Stillen kit kicks *** in my opinion. I do wish the core was a bit bigger or thicker though, maybe it would be cool for STILLEN to offer a different core for us folks in warmer climates.

Brakes: The rotors got destroyed in three laps with some hard hard braking. They overheated, so did my fluid I think. I'm going to have to re-do the entire brake system with fluid, rotors and pads for the track. No more of this nonsense, it was dangerous to lose all braking. It felt like the car was on ice, just sliding as I applied the brakes and the pedal went through the floor. Then after it cooled a bit, I got most of my braking back.

3 Laps into session 1

Power: It feels strong, but it needs more low end grunt. I tried staying in 3rd through most of the infield, but I don't know if that makes me happy just yet. If I could carry more speed through the corners, It would be alright, but I cant just yet. Almost all of the cars in advance solo had through passing me on the straights, I had to get off the throttle. I felt like the GT3 was a good bit faster, the top end was so nice, awesome motor.

Suspension: Car stays pretty flat for a stock suspension that is so nice. However, this will be changed soon. Needs swaybars, needs a lot more stiffness. Definitely will be buying every chassis stiffening bit I can get my hands on.

Tires: These things actually held up and held on till the end. They aren't bad for stock street tires. Nothing to write home about though. I will be getting a separate set with Toyos or something... R888's may do the trick, or some NT05's.

Josh, how much for that AP kit again ? May be worth it after all

Oh and you can all thank mightybobo for me not posting track videos up. :P

Last edited by RCZ; 05-09-2009 at 06:00 PM.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote