View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Nice one, I went with a slightly different model of the same watch as MightyBobo. Mostly because I'm a tech geek that travels, and it's one of the few that had all the features I wanted, yet didn't look like a giant black rubber geeky calculator watch, if you know what I mean. This one is called the Oceanus Manta:

Same basic feature set: auto sets itself from atomic clock radio signals (US, UK, EU, and JP), knows about timezones and you can store basically a home and away zone and move the away one around and swap between the two quickly, solar powered (8 minutes of bright sunlight a day keep it going indefinitely, but it can go months in the dark too), titanium all over with a sapphire lens, etc...

These 'Oceanus' watches are actually made by Casio, it's just a sub-brand of theirs. Really good electronics in them.

Last edited by wstar; 05-09-2009 at 08:43 AM.
wstar is offline   Reply With Quote