View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 09:29 PM   #144 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
No, I am in the market and just comparing the cars and saying what I have seen. The TR6060 is used in lots of cars, and most of them (Challengers, GT500's, 'vette's) are having issues since the re-design of the T56 (and morph into the TR6060).

Tremec has changed syncro material for 2011 'vettes (dunno about the other cars, as the GT500 '11's still have horrible trans issues). I am curious to what difference it makes. Not enough '11 'vettes in the field to see, yet.

I would love the performance of a Z06, but the interior would bother me I think. It looks ok on the showroom, but the rattles in time would get to me, as would the seats if they degrade as fast as people say, etc. It really does seem 2nd or 3rd tier materials used to allow for that engine/suspension and still come in at the $$ it does. Nothing is free. I just drew my limit at $60K, and it seems at $60K or less, I must choose: speed or quality.
most issues Ive seen in the vette threads a few and with 08 and below models. Havent really seen any for the 10 or 11 so maybe they got better. Im seriously considering the vette so I will have to research this more too.