View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #143 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsteve View Post
I dont think the grinding of the gears is as bad as you say. Ive been in the forums too and they are not as bad as you are making them out to be. Its just here and there like how things are here and there on all cars. Did a corvette turn you down or something?
"Turn me down"?? What do you mean? You got me there, I am confused.

I am in the market and just comparing the cars and saying what I have seen. The TR6060 is used in lots of cars, and most of them (Challengers, GT500's, 'vette's) are having issues since the re-design of the T56 (and morph into the TR6060).

Tremec has changed syncro material for 2011 'vettes (dunno about the other cars, as the GT500 '11's still have horrible trans issues). I am curious to what difference it makes. Not enough '11 'vettes in the field to see, yet.

I would love the performance of a Z06, but the interior would bother me I think. It looks ok on the showroom, but the rattles in time would get to me, as would the seats if they degrade as fast as people say, etc. It really does seem 2nd or 3rd tier materials used to allow for that engine/suspension and still come in at the $$ it does. Nothing is free. I just drew my limit at $60K, and it seems at $60K or less, I must choose: speed or quality.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 08-27-2010 at 09:28 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote