Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:22 PM   #73 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidZ View Post
Thanks for that.

Just a question for you... if I select 5W-30, I get "Power Racing" Motul oil, where if I select a different weight of oil, I get "Chrono" or "Power"?

If I do go ahead and purchase the oil, I will obviously get the 5W-30, but I wanted to make sure that the particular "formula" of Motul is solely dependent upon the weight of the oil.

I'm not expert whent it comes to Motul, so bear with me.
Power / Power Racing / Chrono are just names they assign to the different weights of 300V. Each weight has its own name, I suppose what the oil is best designed for in a race engine (the general idea being that super-thin oils will give you a little more power for a quick hot lap like a time trial, whereas a heavier oil will withstand the longer-term heat of a real road race better). I went with 5W-30.