View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 01:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedworks View Post
Ok, I have driven the car for 4 months now, and have been able to really get used to driving with the Synchro Rev feature. One thing that I notice is that whenever I downshift (at every turn or stop), it feels like the rev match point is slightly higher then it should be, and I feel a slight surge forward when I do it, and can definately feel it during stops. Anyone else having this feeling? Now, I am very anal when I drive and have heel/toed for many, many years, on the street and on the track, but it just seems that when I use this feature (which is always), it doesn't shift and decelerate immediately, there is a split second that it feels like a lurch forward (very, very small, but noticeable). I also have tried to drive without it, and it is almost impossible to be smooth on downshift - you have to be perfect or it won't be smooth at all - I feel sorry for those that don't have this option. Let me know what you guys are feeling.
I've noticed that I have this happen every once in a while. Sometimes the SynchroRev doesn't seem like it's working 100% properly. Every now and then I'll get a rough downshift.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote