View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 06:32 PM   #126 (permalink)
Zsteve
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: the 2 balled club
Zsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to beholdZsteve is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonWill View Post
I went back and forth between the Z and 2010 Grand Sport Corvette for almost 3 months. The corvette's power is insane. But I have to agree there is a major difference in the quality between the 2. I spent months going over the corvette forums. On a regular basis Corvette owners complain about the seats deteriorating very quickly, horrible stock tires, targa tops that rattle, etc. The LS3 motor is really what holds the corvette above water. The LS3 is a beast of a motor but it's not the entire car.
In the end, I just couldn't pay that much money for a motor knowing the car with it has so many reported problems. I ended up with a Z and If I decide I need more power I can always use the money saved towards a TT.

I'm very happy with my decision!
And have you seen how many problems forum members have talked about in here? I mean all cars have probs and the Z has had its share. Moving seats, oil consumption, rattles, squeaky suspension, trunk lid, clutch, air noise from the back, etc.. You find a car that doesnt have a prob let us know.