View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #1521 (permalink)
RCZ
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '09 370Z
RCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond reputeRCZ has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to RCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
why go through all that trouble of returning when you are so close...weird. I was without my STI for like 6 months, but it was so good when I finally got it. Oh well, good luck guys.
Quote:
Originally Posted by g37mobbin View Post
lmao...so i bit my tongue and said things way to early...and didn't check my phone all Afternoon/Night and seen a call(voicemail) from Kyle. Saying they tested it for two hours straight and could not get the car into the limp mode.LMAO what a save.Fail on my part.

Not to say I told you so...but.

My STI was down because it was a completely custom rotated big turbo setup. It was all experimental, however, the point of my comment was that my patience was eventually rewarded.

With regards to the dyno's. I made 310whp on the mustang when it was cold outside. I made 295 on the same dyno when the weather warmed up. This was on full bolton's + tune. Now with the weather significantly hotter than either of those pulls, my SC made 380ish on that dyno. I have NO doubt I can do a 400whp run in cooler weather and a less heatsoaked car.

In other words, I wanted to chime in about the gains over full boltons and tune. I think that in comparable conditions, my car has gained about 80-100whp on a mustang dyno. Thats 100whp over bolt-on's power and 140-160whp over stock. (I baselined 240whp).

How does that translate into the more common dynojet? Well I never did a baseline on a dynojet... but the accepted average baseline number is ~275whp for a stock 370z. I dynoed in at 455whp on my SC'd dyno pull that I did a few weeks ago. DO the Math thats 180whp over stock assuming a 275whp baseline.

Now, make what you will of those results. I tend to trust Mustang Dynos much more than I trust dynojets. Either way, I will GLADLY take either one of those gains. It's not all that surprising that my tune yields what it does. Its a custom tune + headers + HFC + exhaust. I have a light flywheel and lightened pulley. Oh and 93 Octane gas vs. that crap they have out in california. Everything adds up.

Last edited by RCZ; 08-25-2010 at 04:01 PM.
RCZ is offline   Reply With Quote