View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #12 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danops View Post
ah.... is your car A/T? Ferodo DS2500 with Slotted rotors. You may be using the brakes more than the M/T vehicles. One of my daily driven cars is an 06 civic ex sedan w/ 5at & 4 wheel discs.... ate thru 4 sets of pads & rotors within 43k miles in city driving. (factory akebono ceramic, EBC green, EBC yellow, EBC red, Hawk HPS) Then I switched to the DS2500 and they've been on the car 20k miles and still going strong.
Speaking of AT's and brake wear, I was just posting about reducing break wear when driving in normal grandma traffic conditions in another thread the other day: My m6 habbits, good or bad?

The same techniques can be applied on an AT car as well, especially on our 7AT, although most AT drivers really aren't the type to bother (or really even be aware of such things).