View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
TreeSemdyZee
Premium Member

Drives: '09 370 & ‘14 Juke
TreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond reputeTreeSemdyZee has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenchan View Post
i see... but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of getting Axxess if you have to MANUALLY program it? the differentiator for this unit was that the installer can just plug it in and DONT have to program it? do you still have to wire up resistors? i not, then i can see that part having some benefit over peripheral/pac modules... but not sure if that's worth the $20 price difference.

anyway, if big's doing the install i dont think you'll run into problems either.
The auto-programming worked fine for my first headunit, but I think I got in a hurry when I did the second one. I think I was supposed to reset it and I didn't.
No resistors. The greatest benefit that I've found is the speed that it reacts. Plus it's built a lot more robustly than the PAC. Larger wires IIRC.
I hated screwing with those stupid resistors in the PAC also.
TreeSemdyZee is offline   Reply With Quote