View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
fuct
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 97' Ranger :)
fuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud offuct has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOHN View Post
So far as the OP, I wouldn't push down on the A-arm to remove the strut (even though he said it's not worth it). I did this the second time I changed out the strut and it ended up throwing off the SAI (steering axle inclination). To my understanding this can't be fixed other than replacing the upper strut mount and lower ball mount.

Those of you you who don't know what SAI is it's like caster, it provides directional stability. But it also reduces steering effort by reducing the scrub radius. SAI is a built-in nonadjustable angle and is used with camber and the included angle to show bent spindles, struts and mislocated crossmembers. I didn't have the car much longer after this to see the effects on steering or tire wear. But as far as I could tell at the time I didn't fill nothing in the steering even though it was far off from the stock settings.
hmmm didnt know this. i was following the manual when it came to spring/strut removal....
fuct is offline   Reply With Quote