Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #62 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Oh and back on the subject of Motul...

Yes, it smells great, you really do want to drink it. The metal cans are retarded. The outside is flimsy and they're completely filled with no real air inside (I guess to preserve the oil better). I made a mess opening and pouring the first one, but I learned quickly and the other cans went fine. Set it down on a flat level surface, don't squeeze the outside, and remove that inner plastic seal very slowly and carefully

When I test drove the car on the new oil, it really did feel like the engine was happier and smoother. Then again, given how small the effect could possibly be, and knowing what I know about human psychology, most likely that was all in my head as I prayed for some visible benefit from an oil that's priced like liquid gold.