View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #393 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spearfish25 View Post
I think Semtex or Wstar noted the engine temps seem to settle down slightly as the engine breaks in. Lately I've found the car sits at a happy 210-215 during most driving in 60-70F weather. Unfortunately, it's not enough to solve the temp problem with more aggressive driving in hot weather.
That was my theory, but I'm at 4K now and I'm starting to think break-in isn't going to change much.

My general mood on the oil temp issue changes from day to day. Every day is a new learning experience about our oil temp issues. This evening was particularly hot and muggy compared to recent times. On my evening drive the ambient air temp sensor on the car was reading 86F at about 7:45pm, and the car pretty quickly got up to 220 just cruising around very lightly. Got it up to about 235 by pushing the revs a little on the highway, but I didn't bother really going after the temp testing this evening. Took it quite a while, perhaps 7-8 minutes or so, to cool back down to 200 idling at a gas station with the hood popped before I shut it down (not that that's really necessary at 235-ish, I was just seeing how easily it came back down).

I suspect in the next few days I'm finally going to get to see how my oil temps do in some much hotter conditions when driving aggressively.