View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 02:57 PM   #12 (permalink)
Daishi
Track Member

Drives: 09 370z 6Speed
Daishi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Daishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarmAndSCSI View Post
I feel ya. I'll keep it more on-topic but I just find it amusing how many reports of this come from the Z community. People are probably just too nice to their new babies. Nothing wrong with that, but I wish I could redefine what "being nice" is for some people. Tough love is how I would describe it.

But on the real, I'd be demanding a whole new engine. There ARE some potential side effects of poor ring sealing on the engine as a whole.

Actually, I'm surprised somebody hasn't had a bearing failure during all of this. Fuel dilution in oil is pretty much the #1 killer of bearings. To that point, you could have some excessive wear in your valvetrain due to lack of oil protection and potential dropped oil pressure due to lower end wear.

Point these things out to your dealer tech or service manager. It's perfectly logical especially if the consumption has been on-going.
You can point these out to the service manager and such but they will most likely not change out the entire engine unless absolutely necessary. Nissan is going to approve the minimum amount of work required to fix the car. Until that motor is actualy pulled apart and checked to see if more damage has occured they will most likely stick to the original repair.
Cobb Tuned | Injen Intakes | Fast Intentions Long Tube Headers | Fast Intentions TDX Catback 18" Resonators CF Mufflers | Tommy Kaira Hebi Bebi Shift Knob | 19x9.5/19x10.5 Five Axis Design S5:F w/ 245/40/19 - 285/35/19 Hankook Ventus V12's
Daishi is offline   Reply With Quote