View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 09:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by david712370 View Post
Thanks man, I appreciate your reply. So at the very most.....if something were to go wrong with my engine.... they might be able to prove that the cold air or exhaust contributed to the problem? This is nice to know. I think I will go ahead and get those upgrades. I saw a thread on here were some guys put on the cold air them self. Would you recommend that to a person that doesn't typically do those sorts of things? It seems like it wouldn't be too difficult.
Not knowing you, I would tend to err on the side of caution and say: if you've never done more than change your own oil before, I wouldn't recommend self-installing air intakes or an exhaust system on a brand new car, no. They're 'easy' jobs by mechanics' standards, but it would be easy to make bad mistakes as a layman too. Maybe if you have some mechanically-inclined friends that want to help you with the install, that might make it doable.