View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 01:05 PM   #210 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rha600 View Post
somehow I highly doubt they would have been able to do enough damage to my truck while it was sitting in my driveway to allow for that. they would have had to take a sledge hammer to every part of the truck, turn the hose on inside, rip out the interior...

But I do know what you mean and I agree. I do think the people doing all the wheel stealing are more in for the cash than worrying about doing damage to the car. I know my truck didn't have a single scratch on it (and it's parked VERY close to the hedges on one side) and from what I've read on here other people's cars are the same way. So for whatever reason, these guys are very careful not to damage the car. I guess you can call that a good thing.
Just ignoring the totaling aspect of it, I'd much rather have my car nicely set on bricks and get a new set of whatever wheels I want courtesy of a check from my insurance company, minus $50, than to have my car screwed up to the point of needing a new paint job or major body work. I'd rather have my wheels stolen than even have somebody key multiple body panels.

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote