View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 02:52 AM   #48 (permalink)
docaam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34/240z/Hakosuka
docaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by '10Anamoly View Post
Yes, you have to use a hole saw to open up a 2" to 2.25" hole on the FI exhaust. That is where the sound waves travel through, down the resonator pipe, and back to cancel out the droning frequencies.

It's a trade off, keep the drone and dont touch the pretty exhaust or mod the exhaust and enjoy the silence (lack of drone, depeche mode style).
Man when you posted this thread car was in workshop and I have been calculating this drone on rpm range...the vibration starts at 2100 and is there till 2800 depends on the gear and speed as sometime it dies on 2700. Its more if you stay in single gear and accelerate slowly all the way till 3000, but if you push the pedal hard then its a bit less.

So can you throw some light according to your calculations as I have no means to measure those frequencies.

For the pipes does those be in SS or normal exhaust pipe will do the trick. I am about to pull the trigger by making hole in FI exhausts
docaam is offline   Reply With Quote