View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Most of the break-in wear metals should have been out of your oil system by then, especially if you drove spiritedly up to that point. All wear levels are high for a supposedly awesome synthetic, and the viscosity there isn't great at all for an oil that ought to have at least a 3.5 HTHS rating (I dunno if it does, RP doesn't publicize specs like everybody else).

I would highly suggest switching to a better oil like Mobil 1, Castrol Syntec, Pennzoil Platinum, Red Line, AMSOIL or basically anything else. It honestly doesn't look like Royal Purple is doing too well for your case. I've seen much better UOA's at that mileage from pretty much every other synthetic out there.

Hopefully some people start to wise up about this over-priced, mis-marketed product. Ugh.

Oh, and the magnesium is a "Detergent/dispersant additive"

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)

Last edited by WarmAndSCSI; 08-08-2010 at 10:28 PM.
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote