View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 12:50 PM   #215 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCZ View Post
yes.

So after driving the car around a bit...I absolutely love the sound. Power is there for sure. I love it. I am happy with the setup and it seems to be getting stronger. When I first picked it up it felt a lot less "lively" than it does now. I think its picking up some of that torque

There is rasp, but personally, I love it. I may soon get test pipes....when the tuning software comes out.
Is your rasp considerably louder in the 2.5-3k-ish range than the rest of the tach? I'm still waiting on gaskets to sort out what of my rasp is leaks and what is real.

The sounds on an opened-up 370Z intake/exhaust is awesome overall though, it's a nice tone. Has deep parts, but definitely a higher-pitched more exotic sounding component too it as you get up in revs. I feel bad for the daily drivers behind me when I hit the pedal in traffic though, it's got to be a pretty jarring experience if it's anything like what I hear with my windows down driving near a concrete barrier.