View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
m4a1mustang
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: on two wheels
m4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond reputem4a1mustang has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GZ3 View Post
The mustang gt is aweosme and all...wait correction the NEW 5.0 GT is awesome and all but if you slap turbo on the 370 its just as bad! The new gt is ideal for NA route but FI levels out the playing field for almost anycar. So what is it that makes you want to get a 5.0 when you already a 370z? Looks?? Sticking with NA? Am just curious because the 370 is one bad mofo, a trade just doesnt seem justifiable, financially or any other way...?!
1. I bleed Ford Blue.

2. The 2011 chassis and 5 liter is a ridiculous platform right off the showroom floor. N/A or FI, it's going to kill. If I bought one I'd be pushing 500whp and 500lb-ft or more with a low-psi supercharger.

3. I think it looks awesome and everything about it is just as good or better than the Z.

That said, the Z is an awesome car and a great platform in and of itself. As diehard a Ford guy as I am, I find it very hard to part with this car. The fact of the matter is I want both... and since that's not financially feasible or practical in any way (I'm buying a Pathfinder as Car #2 later this year) I think the best option is to keep the Z.

Financially it doesn't make any sense to get out of this car and into the Mustang. I'd essentially be starting all over again with payments on the Z. Nothing I can't handle, it's just as a finance and accounting guy it screams "bad idea" to me.

So alas, the Z stays, and the Z will be supercharged eventually. I will continue to admire the new Mustang and I'll test drive them once a month like I have been doing (), and maybe when the day comes I'll pick up a used 5.0 for my third car.
LIKE us on Facebook!
m4a1mustang is offline   Reply With Quote