View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 12:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
docaam
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Z34/240z/Hakosuka
docaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond reputedocaam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by '10Anamoly View Post
It really should not be the lack of flex pipes causing the drone, it has to do with standing wavelengths through long pipes. The length does matter a lot, what you need to know is the frequency of the drone. It should be close to what mine was.

Is the drone on your car heaviest between 2200rpms and 2800rpms? If so, you need around a 28" side branch resonator on each side, coming at a 90* angle off the area between the tips and the rear mufflers. That will kill off most of the drone. I had a local shop with a good welder make them for me for $100 and then I coated them in 2000* high temp flat black paint. They are tucked up behind the muffler so you cannot see them. Make sure to cover your rear bumper and the car undersides before you paint anything so you dont get spray paint on your paint job!
I have seen usually majority of aftermarket CBs are with flex pipes and someone said that this vibration might die with flex pipes

Anyways thanks for the reply, so 28" is the length of each pipe right and im not wrong then I should just weld these to the pipe behind the top without any hole or anything and then weld both of these pipe one behind the other right?

What should be the pipe diameter 2.5"???

For vibration I exactly havent noticed at what rpm it comes on, when you push the car hard it comes a bit early otherwise a bit late but within your mentioned range
docaam is offline   Reply With Quote