View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diversion View Post
Noticed a yellow light just to the right, maybe above the rpm needle that flashes irregularly when I go wide open throttle.. its random and I don't see it often.. I don't think it's a traction light because i've seen it in 3rd and higher gears in a straight line..

I hope it's not a knock sensor light or something.
If you were getting enough knock to light anything up, SES/CE would stay on until you reset it manually. The traction light for the VDC is yellow, and is in the upper right quadrant of the RPM gauge (but inside the dial, not above it). Any idea what the light you're referring to says or looks like? Could it be the upshift indicator? Here's a pic from the service manual of all the lights: