View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #333 (permalink)
spearfish25
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: to work
spearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond reputespearfish25 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to spearfish25

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpa7pk View Post
Taking the suggestion from this thread I called Nissan customer affairs at 1.800.647.7261 this Tuesday. I talked with Jennifer Irwin, extension 41622, and voiced my concern about the high oil temperature issue. I also told her I was thinking about cancelling my 370Z order due in July because of the very hot summers we get in Texas. She open up file #6479687. I got a call back from her this morning. According to her supervisor, Nissan is aware of the problem and that their engineering is currently working on an oil cooler kit that is to be available in two to three weeks. Of course doubting this I asked if she was sure and she said that it was a fact and she had been authorized to tell me about the kit.

We shall see.....
I've spoken with another support person at that number and she knew nothing. She just told me to take it to my dealer. When I told her about the quote above and Jennifer Irwin, she was taken aback. Apparently Jennifer Irwin is one of their 'top support personnel'. The representative I was talking to changed gears from saying "go take your car in" to "uh, please call back periodically for updates on the situation."

I've placed a message with Jennifer regarding the warranty coverage question. I'll post a message here as soon as I get a reply.

One important note, the representative I spoke with said that as more people call in and complain, the issue will be noticed and addressed more quickly. SO GET ON THE PHONE!!!