Thread: wstar's Journal
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 10:32 PM   #56 (permalink)
wstar
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: too slow
wstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond reputewstar has a reputation beyond repute

Just an update on Magden's stuff. I'm not planning to order one for another month or so (I've gotta keep my car toy spending *somewhat* within reason here), but I emailed their tech guys about it today just to ask about some basic compatibility stuff. My main question was about ECU compatibility and data update rates, premised on the assumption that our ECU is substantially similar to the 2008 G37 ECU, and this was the response from Magden I wanted to share:

Quote:
Since 2008 all vehicles sold in the U.S. must have the high speed CAN version of OBD-II. The G37 we have validated does use CAN and provided approx 20hz in total channel update rate (all channels displayed/logged on the M.1 share this bandwidth in a prioritized way). Our G37 customers have been happy with the M.1b's performance in their vehicles. Check out the forum at myg37.com for some installs and pictures.

The list of channels available on the M.1b plugged into the G37 are:

RPM
IAT (Intake Air Temp)
ECT (Engine Cooltant Temp)
TPS (Throttle Position)
BAT (Battery voltage)
BARO (Barometric pressure)
MAF (Mass Air Flow)
Ignition
Fuel level
Speed
Lambda (wideband)
Dynamic HP
Dynamic Torque
Current Gear position
Longitudinal g-force
MPG

With a Zt-2 extension you can add your own sensors as well.

In conclusion, the 370Z should work very well with the M.1b