View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 10:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
WarmAndSCSI
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: '08 Evo X | '10 370Z
WarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to beholdWarmAndSCSI is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daishi View Post
wrong.. not all exhausts are made the with the same quality steel etc.. buddy of mine has megan headers and hes on his 3rd set because the welds keep cracking, megan keeps replacing them but I wouldnt even bother.. and thats just one example of many all over the internet. but there is no winning this argument. Megan parts are cheaper because they are built cheaper and dont last as long but you dont have to take my word for it
Yes, there are different gauges of steel, but it matters not for a catback exhaust for an NA car. Very little thermal stress is involved there. Even the crappiest welds would keep the exhaust together. Headers are a different story - thermal stress is exponentially higher at that point in the exhaust.

'10 PW 370Z 7AT - wife's car - Project Raspberry Cheesecake
'08 Evo X - built motor+trans | BB-X @ 32 psi | CH3OH | self-built+tuned - ??? WHP
'01 Galant V6 - built motor | GT35R | self-built+tuned - 550+ WHP (retired)
WarmAndSCSI is offline   Reply With Quote